Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay Netrendering via Backburner

Hi all!
    I´d like to ask you, if there is any possibility to render static picture via Backburner in Autodesk VIZ? I mean, if can I split rendering image by buckets into more computers...like on VRay distributed rendering. I´m really an idiot, because I´m not able to set up DR on my PC..I´d like to try another way...

For exaple:
    - I have two computers, one workstation and one old P4.
    -only one licence of VIZ2008 and VRay 1.50 , operating sys is winXP64bit
    -on the second machine I´ve installed VIZ2008 without autorization and VRay like render slave
    -i tried to render via backburner some short animation -it works fine.

So and there is (in backburner dialog) one box called "split render scanline" or something like that. Here I lost my head. I don´t know, if it does will be work...
    Is it possible to do it like this?
    Thanks in advace for some reply!
    Cheers, Petr
    vizage

| www.vizage.cz |

Slice

I think you can, but I have never done it. I have been lazy and rendered in regions, assembling the slices in PS. Over on the MaxScript page I saw a script that mentioned doing this as well.

http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/bigrender

or

http://www.origamy.com.br/english/rnr_help.html
    Last edited by glorybound; 01-03-2008, 02:52 PM.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Backburner

Forget the scripts.. I just tried backburner and it worked like a charm for strip renderings.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Great! Thank You for quick reply! I´ll just try it today. I´ve read on some other forum that you have to compute irradience map first and then you can rendering static picture like via DR -of course, you have to switch ON the "split scan lines".
        I´ll let You know, if I´ll be successful too.
        Have a nice Sunday!
        Petr
        vizage

| www.vizage.cz |

Comment

Hi Glorybound,
          I´ve finished my test with netrenderig. Uf, it was successful, but not at all. I´ve set everything like on the help in VIZ and after click the render button, there is backburner dialog appear. I´ve found my P4 machine on the servers list. But my workstation isn´t on list..strange. When I submit job, it will start rendering on my second PC (splitted as I set in BB dialog) and when it is finished, it save picture to the disk. But my workstation is rolling...there is no action.
          What I´m doing bad? Could You post there some settings of backburner dialog You have use? Thank You very much!

I have one more question: how can I clean job queue in backburner dialog? There are still unfinished jobs...and everytime I start bb manager or server -it will start to sending jobs to away...
          Regards
          Petr
          vizage

| www.vizage.cz |

Comment

Are you running the manager on your main computer? If so you will need to run the backburner server on it also, should work fine to run manager and server on the same box.
            Eric Boer
            Dev

Comment

Hi RErender,
              yes, I have running the manager on my main PC too, respective both of them (manager and server). It still doesn´t work. ...
              Petr
              vizage

| www.vizage.cz |

Comment

hmm, is the local server showing as connected in the manager window? if not you might try localhost or the computer name for the local server settings.
                Eric Boer
                Dev

Comment

how can I clean job queue in backburner dialog? There are still unfinished jobs...and everytime I start bb manager or server -it will start to sending jobs to away...
                  You'll want to open the Monitor on your workstation to see the current jobs in the Queue. From there you can suspend or delete them.
                  Derik Bibb
                  Architectural Visualizer

TANGRAM 3DS
                  International 3D & Design Solutions

Comment

backburner

Do you have to have max installed on all the slave machines? It would be nice to just have a backburner utility to install, or can you.
                    Bobby Parker
                    www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
                      Do you have to have max installed on all the slave machines? It would be nice to just have a backburner utility to install, or can you.
                      You have to have max and vray installed on all the machines you use backburner with. You don't have to license max, because you never have to run it directly.

EDIT: you do not have to have max installed on the machine running the manager (unless you use that machine for rendering too). If you're just running the manager, you can get away with only installing backburner.
                      Last edited by dbibb; 04-03-2008, 10:19 AM.
                      Derik Bibb
                      Architectural Visualizer

TANGRAM 3DS
                      International 3D & Design Solutions

Comment

just as a side note... if you use strip render and you are working with render elements you may run into problems with the render elements saving to strips and not a full image. So your render will be made into one by BB but your render elements will not. Otherwise I have used the strip render function with great results.
                        Architecture Drop-out...

Comment

Instead of strips consider DR via BB. Its faster.
                          "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

Thax for all responses!
                            I have already installed Autodesk VIZ and V-Ray as render slaves on my second PC. The problem is, that I´m using render elements. When I´ve check "split scan lines" it does work properly only on one PC... The picture is rendering by strips and then is joined into one picture.
                            But I haven´t time to try out all the techniques...because of work. I´d like to try it next week.

Clifton,
                            I have no idea, how does DR vie BB work? Could You explain this? Maybe it´s a solution for me...

About deleting jobs in BB -thx, it was helpful!
                            Have a nice weekend!
                            Petr
                            vizage

| www.vizage.cz |

Comment

@vizage: check this thread for procedure for setting up DR on BB

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...ad.php?t=40100
                              "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

Working...
                              X