Vertical Shift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vertical Shift

What exactly do the units in the Vertical Shift parameter of the VrayPhysicalCamera mean? They don't seem to be degrees... percentage?
    "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Anyone? Vlado? I need to explain this to an architect this afternoon...

Comment

Would like to think the vertical shift resembles what happens in f.ex. a Canon TS (tilt and shift) lens.
      Check this link:
      http://www.photozone.de/Reviews/45-c...report--review

Comment

Thanks. I've never read the specs on that lens before...

The photographer I use for verified views has that lens. I called him yesterday to discuss what units his lens represented the shift, and he said it had to do with the ratio between the shift angle and the amount the view is distorted in relation to that.

But that doesn't help me understand what a vertical shift of 0.3 means in the Vray physical camera. What unit or relationship with what? Obviously, the higher the number, the more shift, but I would like to be a bit more quantitative when I explain it.

Comment

I just understand the general principle but not the numbers of the vertical shift. If I guess it would have to be the distortion amount of the rectangle into a trapezoid on the focal plane (film/sensor)... If this is by degrees or percent, I donĀ“t know.
          Vlado?

Comment

Working...
          X