Light cache question to Vlado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light cache question to Vlado

Im trying to render a scene with PPT, using DR over night, but I have notice that other machines doesn't start to render, standart LC and IR are rendered fine with DR all machines rendering , but PPT dont, is there a limitation using PPT and DR ?
    Best regards,
    Andrian

As far as I know the lightcache is calculated on the main machine using DR so I would guess that perhaps ppt doesnt work?

Comment

Yep, currently the PPT/light cache calculations are not distributed.

There is a way to do this manually for the PPT, but it is somewhat more complicated to set up.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

new update, render in 400x200 and all machines starts to render, then go back to 2000x1125 and all machines starts to render, at least all CPU-s in task manager show 100% usage in all nodes.. is this strange?? is all macines actualy rendering? or just render but not return rendered info to the main machine?
        Best regards,
        Andrian

Comment

The machines will render, but they will not return any information to the main machine (since they will be calculating the exact same thing anyways).

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I will be more than happy to see in next update PPT over DR.
            And thx Vlado for fast response.
            I left 2 octas ,2 quad and 2 dualcores to render with PPT over night..

but this is my bad ..
            Best regards,
            Andrian

Comment

Use forum search to see how to "distribute" PPT calculations over a few machines.
              It was asked and resolved a while back thanks to Vlado writing a merging tool for individual images, and through checking of "Time Dependent" in the sampler rollout (and rendering different frames on each machine).
              Soon, though, things may change (the realtime renderer seems to be very similar to a distributed PPT, but don't quote me on this).
              Lele
              Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
              ----------------------
              emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
              The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
                the realtime renderer seems to be very similar to a distributed PPT
                Yeah, from the low quality demos it does appear like this is the case. Only caveat is that it seems to get to a usable image rather quickly when compared to ppt. It does appear like it is PPT over DR though so may this will be implimented as well.
                www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Fekta.studio View Post
                  I will be more than happy to see in next update PPT over DR.
                  Thats sounds very good...
                  www.visumporec.com

Comment

what is ppt? I did a search and it comes up with 0 results.
                    Kind Regards,
                    Morne

Comment

Search box doesn't work with words of 3 or less letters, search for 'ppt*' and you'll get some results. PPT is progressive path tracing.

Comment

thanks Codi - I missed that memo somewhere
                        Kind Regards,
                        Morne

Comment

Working...
                        X