Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

long time of preparing displacement .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• long time of preparing displacement .....

hello

i am just curious ,why is in my case ,vray preparing displacement of my roof too long ( more than 3 minutes ) well i am not telling it is not complicated but when i use some much boxes with displacement to imitate hedge it was quite quick than the roof prepare.

it is based on displacement texture ? or something else ?

are you using VRaydisplacement modifier or the displacement map in the shader? I found that for some objects if I use the modifier version of displacement, then I have to use 3D instead of 2D, otherwise lightcache seems to go into an infinite loop...

Kind Regards,
    Morne
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

2 DVP3D:

well, i am using 2d displacement from modifier chart with unchecked bitmap blurring or something simillar ....

ok, so you think ,to use 3d displacemnt right ? i can try it and i leave a message whats will happen ...

Comment

Originally posted by Janosik View Post
        hello

i am just curious ,why is in my case ,vray preparing displacement of my roof too long ( more than 3 minutes ) well i am not telling it is not complicated but when i use some much boxes with displacement to imitate hedge it was quite quick than the roof prepare.

it is based on displacement texture ? or something else ?
        This depends on the "resolution" parameter for the 2d displacement, so if it is high, the preparation phase will be longer.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

How many objects do you have with the displacement modifier on?

Merge all your meshes that share the same displacement into one, and put one modifier over them all. You want to use as few as possible.

Comment

3 minutes sounds really fast to me...
            "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

2 cubiclegangster ,vlado :

well about 15 or litlle more planes ( mediterranean style ) with 2d displace and the same map with the same resolution of displace i am using on another family house project and there is preparing really fast but i got only 2 planes with this displace ( roof )

Comment

Originally posted by Clifton Santiago View Post
                3 minutes sounds really fast to me...
                haha second that! 3 minutes for anything is fast!

Comment

2 all :

maybe yes but what kind of project do you do ? i am only freelancer with family house projects and for that i think 3 minutes is too long for prepare displace , it is depend on number of planes with this displace when i have default setting for displace map (resolution 512 precision 8 tight bounce checked ) ?

Comment

so what happend with the 3D test?
                    Kind Regards,
                    Morne

Comment

2 DVP3D :

well nothing, only quality displaced plane was worster than with 2d solution, so my conclusion is ,it depends on number of faces(planes) with 2d or 3d displace modifier aplicated .

Comment

How much RAM does your system have?

You can try increasing the dynamic memory limit in the V-Ray:system rollout, I usually have it set to 2048 MB
                        Eric Boer
                        Dev

Comment

2 RErender :

that much as my pc can , 3 gb switch 32 bit OS and in vray system rollout i have 3000 mb auto dont think it is ram ,i have to deal with it .

Comment

guess that's not it.

If you are able to connect all the planes to one object it should be quicker
                            Eric Boer
                            Dev

Comment

2 RErender :

hmm i did it but over it ,i need 4 directions for roof tiles ( roof looks like pyramide ) and this dont helped me so i give up but i am not unhappy . If you want to look on it i can archive max file with all textures and may send to you ,hmm ? Skype contact can be send by PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X