LightCache Settings for animation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LightCache Settings for animation

Hi, I have a scene built in real scale and im using LightCache for my secondary bounces (irraidiance for primary). What would you say are good settings for the lightcache for animation. This is what Im using:

LightCache
    Subdivs = 2500
    Scale = world
    Sample size = 1 cm
    Filter = fixed 4 cm

AA
    adaptive subdiv = min 0 max 2

DMC sampler
    adaptive amount = 0,85
    noise thresh = 0,003
    min samples = 8
    global mutliplier = 2

this seems kinda high. 1000 - 1500

noise thrshld .005

whats the animation?

Comment

What's the problem with the settings you are using? Is the rendering takign too long? Too noisy? Too somethign else?

Looks like some of your settings are kind of high.. the subdivisions, noise threashold, and do you have a reason for doubling all your subdivision setting with a multiplier of 2?

Comment

Hi, thank you for your replies.

I sent my render with the settings I listed and it came out fine.

The reason I asked was because Im new to LC and I wanted to know if these settings were ok. I realize its not easy to say from just my listed settings. But if some setting was totally weird I was hoping that someone would catch it.

BTW I love how LC gets those glossies calculated. So fast and smooth.

Comment

I suggest to switch to screen mode instead of World mode for moving objects anim (and even for fkythroughs, but i's very personal).
          with sample size betweem 0.01 and 0.02 (0.01 best but needs twice subdivs than 0.02 for same quality).

a good tip to determine the minimal subdivs for LC :
          - check "don't render final image"
          - start with 400 subdivs for LC, then render.
          - zoom in the resulting image. If you see remaining black pixels pattern, then raise to 600 subdivs and try again. if black pixels remains, then raise.
          The good minimal subdivs value is the one when you just get rid of black pixels into the resulting image.

That's very empiric, but works fine in most cases.
          Jérôme Prévost.
          SolidRocks, the V-Ray Wizard.
          http://solidrocks.subburb.com

Comment

Working...
          X