• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please see and advise on these settings

Hi guys,
    I've posted the whole scene here

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...ad.php?t=41995

So, I've been trying to clear this scene. I've tested a small corner with several methods. First, that from spot3d that gives universal settings with BF and LC and DMC 1, 100. Yep, that one cleared it lol, but I think there is a smarter way to approach this.

I've tried IR with LC and first image is -3, -1, then I've realized I should increase the first number, so the second is -1, 0 so this "cleared" it but now I have too much detail, and these new noise. So now, whatever I did, I couldn't get rid of that noise. I've tried with BF in secondary and it's still there. Do you know what is generating this?

All help greatly appreciated!
    Attached Files
    www.hrvojedesign.com

I just tried that Universal settings method over night. When I got back in the morning only quarter was render, the estimation was 64 hours. That's just way too long. But there must be a way to do this better! I tried so many methods but all left me with some form of noise and dirty look. What would you guys use for an interior scene with many small lights?

thx
    www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

Maybe try Adaptive subdivision AA? If I'm not mistaken, I believe that Adaptive subdivision works better in low light conditions than DMC.

Comment

What type of lights are your small lights? It can make rendertimes very heavy to clear VRayLightMtl objects without using portals.
        Ben Steinert
        pb2ae.com

Comment

Working...
        X