(*) Added hidden parameter "option_clampTextures" to VRayMtl,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (*) Added hidden parameter "option_clampTextures" to VRayMtl,

(*) Added hidden parameter "option_clampTextures" to VRayMtl, which is true by default for newly created materials (old scenes render as before);

what does this mean?
    Have I got the wrong end of the stick here,........? VrayMTL textures are clamped by default now.........?

This was done because of the new composite map in 3ds Max 2009. It is all too easy for a user to add or otherwise composite two textures so that the result is negative or above 1.0 which will produce high render times and unexpected results and is almost certainly not what you want (for example, it does not make sense to have a diffuse texture brighter than white, or with negative RGB components). This does not mean that V-Ray clamps the output of the material itself - hilights etc still render fine as HDR colors always.

If for any reason you do not want the clamping, you can always turn this option off. In the vast majority of renders this does not really matter anyways, since textures are usually within the black/white range.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    Last edited by vlado; 23-05-2008, 11:33 AM.
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      This does not mean that V-Ray clamps the output of the material itself - hilights etc still render fine as HDR colors always.
      perfect, panic over...

Comment

u bet!
        Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
        nuno@ene-digital.com
        00351 917593145

Comment

Working...
        X