Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Images saves less saturated than what is displayed in VFB

Hi all

I'm having a problem saving my images and I'm not sure if it is related to VRAY. I'm not using gamma (default max) and I'm using standard cam. When cloning the VFB, the max FB and VFB looks the same, but when I save from either in any format (tried jpg and tga). Open the images in windows or in photoshop... it has less saturation and seems faded.... anybody know whats up?

Regards,
    Morne
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Someone along the way applies some color correction to your image; I'm pretty sure Photoshop does; what program are you using to view the file outside of Photoshop?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

just the standard windows viewer, image and fax viewer I think. But it just started doing this now on my latests project. Before it was fine
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

Maybe you have changed the "Output gamma" setting of 3ds Max?

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Perhaps my thread (http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...ad.php?t=40528) would help out as it's kind of similar. I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing is totally accurate but I'm very satisfied with the results of Photoshop matching the VFB. I know that is is changing pure pixel values when I operate this way but visually it does match pretty well. The only time I don't use the monitor profile is for Multimatte render elements which need to be pure red, green, or blue - in which case I just open them "as is/no color management".
          www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
            Maybe you have changed the "Output gamma" setting of 3ds Max?

Best regards,
            Vlado
            no its all default (so switched off and cant select it 1.0)

I did start the project with LWF but halfway changed to normal cam and switched off gamma. Now I'm using HSV Exponential color mapping with gamma of 1.0. Dark mulitplier 1.8 and bright on 1.3.

This is driving me nuts!
            Kind Regards,
            Morne

Comment

Does it happen on another machine with the same scene? Can you email me a rendered image to vlado@chaosgroup.com and a snapshot of the VFB inside 3ds Max?

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

I haven't tried it another machine yet and wont be able to before the deadline...
                Kind Regards,
                Morne

Comment

hmmm but doing a screen grab by prtscn and pasting it into photoshop also results in same issue as when saving. So either my max is confused or my photoshop is confused. I'm geussing max is somehow confused as I dont even know where to change color profiles in photoshop so I doubt it is photoshop.
                  Its asif max somehow remembers I was using lwf but then when I switched to old way it kept the lwf settings or somehting like that. Any thoughts?
                  Kind Regards,
                  Morne

Comment

ok I tried it also on another pc. same story. Only thing I can now think of is that it has something to do with my Vray settings in my scene. Any thoughts?
                    Kind Regards,
                    Morne

Comment

Paste it into good old Paint, not Photoshop

Other than that, maybe you did some color corrections in the V-Ray VFB? Or you have the sRGB button pressed there?

Best regards,
                      Vlado

Comment

no way!!! If I paste it into paint it is perfect how it is suppose to be. Now I'm really confused
                        Kind Regards,
                        Morne

Comment

but then when I save it and open in any other program it is wrong again.
                          Kind Regards,
                          Morne

Comment

if I i9nsert it into powerpoint the colour is correct. Hmmm why does windows image and fax viewer AND photoshop then display it wrong?
                            Kind Regards,
                            Morne

Comment

Sounds to me like a profile issue...

I'm 99% certain windows picture fax viewer respects ICC profiles.
                              MDI Digital
                              moonjam

Comment

Working...
                              X