No announcement yet.

Vray Licence server over the net?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought mdi was asking for vray's license server over the net and VNC, RealVNC, Hamachi and the like are just to remote control a computer over the internet, they don't serve license over the net or am I mistaken?

Comment

VNC and realVNC are just to remote control, but Hamachi is a VPN-tool to add remote computers to your local network.
      3DV - Ruud van Reenen
      www.3dv.nl

Comment

thanks for clarify.

then... does Hamachi actually do the license server trick?

Comment

Yup.......
          3DV - Ruud van Reenen
          www.3dv.nl

Comment

im really impressed with Hamachi..very easy to set up and apart from the slow internet connection between drives its works 100% perfectly.

What I really needed though was to connect to the vray lic over the net.. and thats seems as speedy as is I where in the same room.
            mdi-digital.com

Comment

i successfully used hamachi for rendering with backburner over the net. works great. i also plugged the vray dongle on my laptop and configured the vray license server to look for the hamachi laptop IP, in case it's not on its regular place.
              but DR doesn't work. i used a 8mbit connection at home, and about 1-3mbit for remote access with the laptop. the DR nodes never respond.
              no problem with connecting to a backburner manager though.
              of course i had all bitmap textures locally, so only the scene file was transfered.
              i can also recommend realVNC for remote desktop.
              Marc Lorenz
              ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
              www.marclorenz.com
              www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

So to get this hamachi thing working, I have to install it on the machine that's got the dongles attached, then on my remote machine I also have to install hamachi and connect to the hamachi server - now what do you do?

Do you have to open up any ports on your router?

Comment

After you install Hamachi on both machines, they will be in a shared network, just as if they where connected through cable. Both machines should appear in the Network in Windows.

Then just enter the name of the machine with the V-Ray license server on the V-Ray license server information dialog, and it should work. As long as the machine with the dongle is not using the license itself.

Comment

Hi guys,

Im looking to do some rendering on a render farm soon. With this Himachi programme is it possible to have the vray licence on my home computer and the 26 render servers to access the licence ? I also need to make sure that I can process backburner jobs...also DR would be cool...is this all possible ?

Sorry, this will all be done via the internet.

Thanks

Steve
                    Last edited by stevesideas; 17-11-2008, 02:47 PM.
                    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

u dont need no Himachi to run ur license server remotely, nor to submit jobs to the backburner...dr is another story though!
                      Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
                      nuno@ene-digital.com
                      00351 917593145

Comment

Are there any docs or tutorials as to how to set this up ? Or do i just need the ip address of my comp and all the other nodes pointing to it..the same as a network setup ?
                        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

pretty much...ofcourse u need to open the necessary ports on ur firewall
                          http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/150S...ensingvray.htm
                          Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
                          nuno@ene-digital.com
                          00351 917593145

Comment

Yeah don't try using DR via Himachi. Consider the amount of data going from your home to work computer/s.

Comment

Thanks..I guess I could test out the setup at home. If I change my local render node vray licence to point to my internet ip address instead of my local network address...that way I can test this all out before having to do the real thing ..that was a, do you think this would work question by the way

Ok, ive tried pointing the render node to the internet ip address of my licence server and it cant find the licence. Do you know what I need to put into the box ??
                              Last edited by stevesideas; 18-11-2008, 02:37 AM.
                              Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Still having problems here. Ive typed in the ip address of the licence server and I have opened up the 30303 - 30304 ports on my router. When I send a job to backburner it still cant see any licence.

I have checked this thread:

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...firewall+ports

But still cant seem to work out what im doing wrong.

Do I just put the internet ip address into the vray licence server information on my external machine...and then the username and password of the router ?
                                Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
                                X