Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Animation Renderng with (prepass)+(animation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animation Renderng with (prepass)+(animation)

Hi,

I am trying out this IrrMap feature where you select rendering (prepass) to create irrmaps for each frame. This works like a charm and it saves all the irr maps in sequence.Next step would be setting that pulldown to rendering (animation) and select the first irr map for the sequence. The job is submitted with backburner and all the irr maps are accessable though the network. The problem now is that my renderslaves are constantly crashing or rendering a bit and then it seems its just stuck. The animation that is happening is a boolean operation. Are there any things i should keep in mind before and while i am rendering this stuff. I am using max 2008 and vray Sp2 64 bit. There are multiple irr maps named differently in the same folder as the irrmaps for this sequence, is this ok?

thx in advance

ralf

hmm, well the geometry shouldnt make it crash or hang. The typical naming would be irmap_001.vrmap - irmap_010.vrmap. They should be named sequentially one file per frame.

What happens if you try to render the sequence locally on your machine?
    What happens if you try with another method of gi, such as brute force?
    Dmitry Vinnik
    Silhouette Images Inc.
    ShowReel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

I was also having an issue last night with an animation I'm working on. It was the first time that I had tried using the Animation (prepass/render) option and it seemed to work fine on the prepass. I ran off a quick 10 frames to make sure the Imaps were saving and they seemed fine. When I switched it to the render mode and selected the first imap in the sequence I got an immediate crash upon trying to render.

The vraylog window stated that all the irradiance maps had been loaded correctly, but it still went to an instant crash.

I had to give up and just do it single frame.

Comment

Instant crash

Well id get the instant crash as well but not on all servers, the servers that don't crash seem to sit there render a bit and thats it. If this doesn't work then i will try it locally and /or brute force. If i get the instructions right it seems that irrmaps are being interpolated when using this kind of rendering right? AS i made the test with a plane and 2 animated teapots it worked like a charm.

Comment

Working...
        X