Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can not get Distributed rendering to work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can not get Distributed rendering to work.

Hi there.

I have fresh installs of Max and I am trying to get distributed rendering to work.. but i am having problems.

1) I have done a Normal Max Networking Backburner render with the Vray slave machiene as "Server"

2) I set the optionsa in nmy vray test scene a for DR.

3) I hit render and the Log gives me this error.

"An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions"

How do I fix this?

I have tried this with the firewalls and vidrus stuff all turned off so i do not think it is a issue with that. (I use trend Microcillen)

Both systems are vista 64.
    Last edited by Jynks; 22-09-2008, 12:14 PM.

Ok... i have got rid of this error... it seams it is a firewall thing as when turned off Trend windows firewall came on... but the rendering is still not wokring ... (and i woudl liek to get it running with tred on eventualy)

[2008/Sep/20|18:40:24] Connected to render host 10.1.1.2
    [2008/Sep/20|18:40:24] Using 1 hosts for distributed rendering.
    <snip>
    [2008/Sep/20|18:40:25] Server 10.1.1.2: Scene loaded; starting render.
    [2008/Sep/20|18:40:27] Server 10.1.1.2: Render completed.
    <snip>
    [2008/Sep/20|18:40:37] warning: Render host beast (10.1.1.2) is not responding
    <snip>
    [2008/Sep/20|18:41:45] Close() done.
    [2008/Sep/20|18:41:45] warning: 0 error(s), 1 warning(s)
    [2008/Sep/20|18:41:45] ================================
    Any ideas?

Comment

i remember with max 8 i used to have to on a fresh install of max to atleast run backburners server and manager atleast once on all the systems for DR to work properly.

oh didnt read properly. opps

---------------------------------------------------
      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

I still need some help with this please...

Also more wierdness is that the syste running the vrayserver is acting all wierd... like it workjs fine but as soon as i run teh server keybord imput slows down... like if I type 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0 by the time i finish the screen only shows 6 and i have to wait for the imput to draw on screen,,, if i clsoe the vrayspawner this problem gose away...

Any ideas?

Comment

Check the vraylog.txt on the machine 10.1.1.2, by default in the root of C:\, to see why/how it completed. It might not be able to obtain a license from the license-server.
          3DV - Ruud van Reenen
          www.3dv.nl

Comment

The slaves probably could not connect to the license server; you'll need to point them to the location of the license from the Start menu > Programs > Chaos Group > V-Ray for 3ds Max > Licensing > Administration > Change V-Ray client license settings.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
              The slaves probably could not connect to the license server; you'll need to point them to the location of the license from the Start menu > Programs > Chaos Group > V-Ray for 3ds Max > Licensing > Administration > Change V-Ray client license settings.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              Thanks... but i am still having problems. The licence server is instaleld as a service on 10.1.1.3.

When I load "Change V-Ray client license settings" and replace localhost with 10.1.1.3 and hit OK... it says "v-ray error - could not save settings". I have tried putting teh 10.1.1.3 into all the prim, 2ndary and internet areas of the settings dialouge.

Any ideas?

Comment

Wait nvr mind.... I had to turn off UAC in the user optons... now evrything is working.. thanks. (I am not a very techy kind of guy sorry)

Also... I have the DR and Bankburner rendering running now buit I was woundering how I can get them running while still having the Trend Microcillen and windows firewalls up?

What ports do i need to open up. Or is there a exe I have to allow acess or somthing?

Thanks in advance.

<---------- Edit

I have added a rule to the firewall saying Allow Incoming / Outgoing TCP/UPD port:30304 It still dose not work unless i disable the firewall. Are there any other ports or things i need to enable?
                Last edited by Jynks; 21-09-2008, 01:43 AM.

Comment

30304 is used for the License Server, it seems 20204 is used for DR. You need to open those ports in both workstation and all clients ofcourse.
                  3DV - Ruud van Reenen
                  www.3dv.nl

Comment

Thanks guys everything is working now.. I apreciate it.

Cheers
                    Valdo and Ruud3dv

Comment

Working...
                    X