Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to render object passes in Vray automaticaly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to render object passes in Vray automaticaly?

Is it possible to render a single EXR, or multibule files for object passes.... There are two ways abotu this...

1) Render a alpha for each object position.. so in post you can put infomation behind the 3D objects?

2) Render each object as a seperater pass, with alphas. So in post you can not only put object behind things but you can in fact remove them from the shot or MOVE them, as the system has rendered on a layer what is behind them

IS this possible in Vray layers I can not see these options?

This is functionality similar to render occluded objects using combustion - it'll render the pixels behind other objects in your scene and allow you to do this type of stuff - vray is a bit more complex than the scanline though, I'm not sure it supports it.

For alphas for objects look into the multimatte element or the wirecolor element.

Comment

Originally posted by joconnell View Post
      This is functionality similar to render occluded objects using combustion - it'll render the pixels behind other objects in your scene and allow you to do this type of stuff - vray is a bit more complex than the scanline though, I'm not sure it supports it.

For alphas for objects look into the multimatte element or the wirecolor element.
      Cheers bro.. thanks. Still interested in the "behind pixle stuff" as well though.

Comment

while I dont think its possible with Vray to render a single frame and get information from the occluded objects
        It is possible using RPmanager (www.rpmanager.com) to setup multiple renders using visibility sets i.e. hiding one object and render, then hide another and render, and so on.....
        I know you can do this by hand but RPmanager would make the whole process easier to manage

Comment

Originally posted by pg1 View Post
          while I dont think its possible with Vray to render a single frame and get information from the occluded objects
          It is possible using RPmanager (www.rpmanager.com) to setup multiple renders using visibility sets i.e. hiding one object and render, then hide another and render, and so on.....
          I know you can do this by hand but RPmanager would make the whole process easier to manage
          Thanks.. I am checking it out... I have bene playing with the demo of LMP (http://www.lukashi.com/LPM.php) it semas like a good option as well.

Comment

Is this program similiar to PSDManager?

Comment

Originally posted by TRGraphics View Post
              Is this program similiar to PSDManager?
              I am not sure LMP and RP manager are render pass utilities. I think PSDmanager is a image formate export that combines the "render elements" tab in vray into layered psd file.... not 100% sure on that.

Comment

Working...
              X