Silent Install Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Install Question

With regards to the last line of the xml and what it should look like. How do we specify 2 license severs (1 primary and 1 alternate)? They are 10.100.1.222 and 10.100.1.10.

Thanks!!

From Chaosgroup:

REMOTE_LICENSE If this is 1, the license server itself will not be installed. To configure the license server settings, you will need to run the "setvrlservice" program after the installation. Normally it is located in "c:\program files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\3dsmax R? for x???\setvrlservice.exe". The license server is specified using "-server" option, for example:

"c:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\3dsmax R9 for x64\setvrlservice.exe" -server=10.10.10.11

Example .xml file:

<Value Name="REMOTE_LICENSE" DataType="value">1</Value> WHERE DO I ENTER THE LINE ABOVE?

You need to execute the setvlrlservice line from the command line (similar to how you run the silent V-Ray installation).

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks but Im not sure how to incorporate this:

"c:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\3dsmax R9 for x64\setvrlservice.exe" -server=10.10.10.222

Into this line in the xml:

<Value Name="REMOTE_LICENSE" DataType="value">1</Value>

and what if I also have a server called "10.100.1.10" that is used for an alternate.

Comment

You don't put that line into the .xml file; it must be executed separately after the intallation (probably best to set the remote license to 0 for the installation itself, so that you don't get the pop-up with the server settings).

I can't seem to find a way to set the alternative servers though; I'll make a note to add this.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X