Water Vapour??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Vapour??

I searched for this on the forum and came up dry. What is it? What does it do? I assigned a controller and tweaked the value up and down to no avail.

Anyone?
    Attached Files

Water vapour affects the amount of ultraviolet light in the sun spectrum. However, since you can't see ultraviolet light anyways, this parameter has no visible effect. That's why it's not in the UI.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

So there are parameters that exist in real life but that can't be seen, and you put them anyway in vray ? You're pushing perfectionism a bit too far

mekene

Comment

The original paper that described the formulae for calculating the sun spectrum included these parameters, so we added them as well initially also.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

So if i crank this value up, will I get a sun burn from looking at the render? Only if 32bit image I suppose!

Comment

try it sitting infront of a crt monitor for a year, you might get a tan

---------------------------------------------------
            MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
            stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

These sort of parameters ough to have a death warning when HDR monitors become available

Comment

Working...
              X