Best 3D engine for Vray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best 3D engine for Vray?

Does anyone have any recommendations for a 3D engine that supports Vray materials (free or paid)? Currently developing in Panda3D and it doesn't seem to recognize Vray materials (using standard raytrace right now).

No 3d engines will support vray, you'll have to convert to standard no matter what you use.

Comment

So all engines use their own material property algorithms? I'm new to this so I don't exactly know how it works. Currently exploring Panda3D.

Comment

render to texture

yes thats right

theres no engine that supports vray but what you can do is bake the GI lighting into a texture and then use that in the game engine, add some game lights to add some extra depth.

most real-time engine you can also import normal maps or bump maps too.

see an example here
        http://www.vray.us/vray_tutorials/vr...tutorial.shtml

taran

Comment

For conversion you most likely have to use the Scanline materials because that is what most exporters support. There are scripts that do this automatically on Script Spot.
          Two heads are better than one ...
          ....but some head is better than none.....

Comment

Yeah, you're not going to find an engine to directly support it... but I would recommend looking at the Torque Game Engine... Lots a tools included, excellent code. Support for console's if you should ever get that far with your title! I know it sounds like a sales pitch, but I've recently got into making some assets for this engine and am very impressed with the possibilities you get for a mere $295...

http://www.garagegames.com/
            Keith R Morrison
            focus360, Inc.
            Win10, 3DS Max 2021, V-ray 5.2.3

Comment

Working...
            X