Saving Render Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving Render Settings

Is there a way to save all the render setting in the Render Scene dialogue including all the VRay and Max settings ?

Thanks

N
    www.morphic.tv
    www.niallcochrane.co.uk

The render presets from Render shortcuts toolbar don't work for your purpose?
    Alessandro

Comment

I found that it doesn't copy some things for example; type of color mapping, image sampler, antialiasing filter, render elements and so on.
      www.morphic.tv
      www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

I'd like to know if this is possable as well, I know Final Render had such a feature.

Comment

strange, it seems to work fine here for all the items you mentioned
          Alessandro

Comment

Set up the scene the way you like, and just save it as MAX start file.

Comment

What is a Max start file ?
              www.morphic.tv
              www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

That's the file MAX uses as the default file when the program opens. It's called maxstart.max. I saved mine in my main directory and under Customize-Configure User Paths set it to the directory you saved the file. The program will use your saved settings each time it opens.

Comment

I already do a variation of that by saving a max model with all the settings and 3D elements I need for the beginning of a project.

The difference here is that the settings of some models change as I progress through the project and eventually become different from the source model so, that is why I need the option to save all the settings.

I could go and write them all down and transfer the settings that way but, I am assuming that there is functionality to do this ?
                  www.morphic.tv
                  www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

If you save a file with just your settings and no models it will load that file everytime with the settings you chose. That's why it needs to be saved as the default maxstart.max file.

Perhaps I'm not understanding you correctly. Are you wanting to revert back to certain settings as you work on a single file? You can do that with scene states but I really haven't had a chance to look into it much. Try the help file.
                    Last edited by TRGraphics; 27-10-2008, 09:27 AM.

Comment

The presets pulldown at the bottom of the 'Render Scene' window has always worked fine for me.

You can also use the specific V-Ray presets which can be found in the V-Ray:System rollout.
                      chris
                      www.arc-media.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X