No announcement yet.

DR configurations... How do you do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR configurations... How do you do it?

Hey Folks;
    I've recently combined BackBurner with the DR Spawer on a network of machines to allow artists to utilize DR for test renderings. My general method is this.

A script lists the available servers in Backburner and sends a command line job, via cmdjob.exe, which launches the vrayspawer on the selected box(s). This "ties" the box up from getting other jobs from Backburner, makes the spawner available on the box and when the job is deleted or suspended, the spawner is forced close. Very nice.

I'm now contemplating how to have the jobs queueable. So I could submit to backburner a render job and have it utilize DR.
    Issue 1: The spawner doesn't start until the render node is finished it's current Backburner task.
    Issue 2: Keeping track of the process time used by a DR slave to compute back into the total render time for an image.
    Issue 3: Knowing what job DR a spawner is working on.

If you've implemented something like this, would you be so kind as to share the road map as to how you've done it? Or other ideas on have Backburner and Vray DR, in the 3dsMax environment play nice together efficiently.

Thanks in advance
    Keith R Morrison
    focus360, Inc.
    Win10, 3DS Max 2021, V-ray 5.2.3
Working...
X