Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reviewing IRR Map (anim prepass)

(V-Ray 1.5 SP2, 3DS Max 2009)

I'm working on an animation with about a dozen moving objects. When I compare [using Irradiance map viewer] the first & last Irr maps computed using Animation (prepass), I notice that the 'geometry' has not changed position, but the Irr map itself is definitely different.

Is this normal?

I've reviewed about a dozen other threads regarding Animation prepass, but didn't find other information regarding this.

Thanks!

Quique

Originally posted by Quique View Post
    (V-Ray 1.5 SP2, 3DS Max 2009)

I'm working on an animation with about a dozen moving objects. When I compare [using Irradiance map viewer] the first & last Irr maps computed using Animation (prepass), I notice that the 'geometry' has not changed position, but the Irr map itself is definitely different.

Is this normal?

I've reviewed about a dozen other threads regarding Animation prepass, but didn't find other information regarding this.

Thanks!

Quique
    Maybe the irradiance map viewer doesn't support moving objects or doesn't show them or something. Try doing an actual render. Also, it is "normal" that the irr map changes/has noise for the moment. This is resolved in SP3. Previously/in SP2 the "time independent" flag was forced off for irradiance map animation. I suggest you shoot an email to Vlado asking for a newer build if you're using this feature, but be aware it's not final and there are no guarantees about stability/production use (although i've yet to have any problems with it whatsoever).

Comment

I'm having the same problem with a simple test scene with some displacement grass and a moving object. Is there any way to get around the "time independent" issue without having to get a newer build from vlado? I'm new to the vray forums, so how would I go about emailing Vlado for a newer build? I sent a private message to him, but it has not been read. Is there an email address I should send my request to?

Comment

I haven't received any new build, I e-mailed support@chaosgroup.com. I haven't found a solution to my problem yet, so I'm waiting for further info from my e-mail request.

I see we're practically neighbors! Good luck on your project.

Comment

I just emailed a request to vray@chaosgroup.com, let me know if you get a response and I'll do the same. Are you an aggie? I'm and ENDS grad class of 1999.

Comment

Working...
          X