Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird...a backburner MR job opens vray consolle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird...a backburner MR job opens vray consolle?

Hi all,
    I did not know where to post this, so, bear with me.

I am sending out a network job (still) using Mental Ray renderer.
    On a different computer, my manager and monitor properly report the queued job.

I then launch the server, which is properly recognized, and the job is sent to it.
    The server is the same computer that sent the job, originally.

When the server attempts to render the job, the Vray consolle opens and Max crashes out, with an unexpected exception...

Why is Vray consolle being opened if this is a Mental ray job?
    The rendering works fine if I do not use backburner.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

thank you

Vista, MAX2009 design, vray 1.50

Could be that there are reminents of Vray in the file. Do you have a machine that has no Vray plug-ins on it? If so, try opening the file on that machine. Does it error and ask for a missing Vray plug-in? If so, there is a reminent of Vray being held somewhere in the file.

Comment

This can only happen if V-Ray is still the renderer in the scene. You can also check if V-Ray is accidentally specified as the material editor renderer, although I don't think it will be called in that case either.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
        This can only happen if V-Ray is still the renderer in the scene. You can also check if V-Ray is accidentally specified as the material editor renderer, although I don't think it will be called in that case either.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        yea, that is what you would expect.
        But, again, if I just hit the render button, MAX renders the scene normally (MR renderer), I don't see any vray consolle opening in the log window...nor there is any error messages about incompatible materials or lights...
        I will investigate more, maybe there is some vray plugins somewhere...

I was planning to swicth back to vray anyways, but I was studying MR and this is really a weird error...

Could it be that installing the new backburner (2008.1) on my old workstation has messed something up? After all, that is the computer that has the manager running...

Thank you all,

regards

gio

Comment

anything non VRay is evil
          Kind Regards,
          Morne

Comment

Working...
          X