X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to use DR and BB together?

Hey all -
    I'm trying to figure out which was is more effiicient when using DR and BB:

I have 4 machines each running the BB server and DR spawner, so each one can initiate a render job and/or be a DR node for any other.

What I'm trying to figure out is when sending multiple renders should I set it up so only 1 machine acts as a server, so only one render is going at any time, and all are involved in DR, or should I let up to 4 renders start at the same time and just let BB and DR sort out how to split the resources up?

Does this question make sense?

Both methods seem to work, but I can't really tell which way is likely to be faster/smoother running so was hoping someone with more BB experience could offer advice.

Thanks,
    b
    Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
    e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Hi

Are you talking animation or just stills?

Stills:
    If it's stills and you need to send a whole bunch of renders (from any of the 4 machines) I would say make one of the 4 a BB server (so you can que the jobs). But still run spawner on all machines. So your 1 BB server will initiate each job, but still use DR. ie it will render via BB on itself, but still use the other 3 to also render the view via DR.

Animation.
    If it's animation I would say switch of DR and just use all 4 as BB servers and render away (and que at will)
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Thanks Morne.

I just do stills, so the first route seems to be the way to go. I have been testing it all morning and it seems to be far more stable in terms of keeping the DR nodes up and running. I am not sure if it's faster, but safer for sure

b
      Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
      e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

Working...
      X