X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• object's color channel/layer

Hi!

It really drives me crazy:
    What's the way to get an object's layer that holds the diffuse/color of the object for all its gi, diffuse and reflections? Is that possible at all? A layer that would make it possible to adjust the color of an object but with all its influence on the environment?

BIG thanks to you!
    zwischendrin.com - HDRI panoramas, HD textures, stock images, SFX and more

Use the vrayoverride material, or do you mean render elements?
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

I mean render elements to do it in post...

Comment

You will have to render the scene several times with different materials, to determine the influence of an object on its environment; it would be along the lines explained in the first part of this tutorial:
        http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/150S...rials_anim.htm

The method described there allows you to integrate any version of the object into a precomputed environment.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi vlado,

I know this tutorial and it is the starting point for my tests.
          I don't understand this point:
          where do I apply the object-mask on? A solid color layer? And how do I mix this layer with the rest of the final image?
          I did several tests but did not find an answer.

Greetings,
          Fabian

Comment

I'm coming back to this thread after some time, because I am standing in front of the same problem again.

Maybe I should describe it in other words:
            I have an object standing in a scene. This object has, let's say, two parts: an upper and a lower part. The materials can be different, reflective for example.
            My question: is there a way to render an image in different layers and compose them back so I can change the diffuse layers (the color) of these object parts with respect to GI and reflections/refractions?

I know how to compose all layers to get the composition exactly look like the complete rendering. This is cool but I can't find the answer to my question anyway.

Thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
            X