Camera exposure question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera exposure question

I've got a scene which i've set up with standard lights and values so that my scene looks how I expect it to when rendered with exposure turned off/from perspective view.

But I want to use white balance, and it doesnt work with exposure off.

Does anyone know what the f-stop/shutter speed/ISO is to get the physical camera working exactly the same as a standard?
    I could do it by trial and error but it seems like something that should be documented somewhere.

edit: found it
    f-stop - 16
    shutter - 10
    ISO - 730
    Last edited by Neilg; 25-02-2009, 06:46 AM.

I'd recommend Lele's auto exposure script
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

I dont want to use the auto exposure result, I want what the standard camera outputs.
      Last edited by Neilg; 25-02-2009, 06:47 AM.

Comment

For anyone interested:

f-stop - 16
        shutter - 10
        ISO - 730

That seems pretty much exact.

Comment

thanks, this is usefull, a cool feature would indeed be a non exposure color balance
          Last edited by raymarcher; 25-02-2009, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Eric is right
            He just didn't mention that you'd want your scene hidden, and a reference white (255) card lit with a direct light at 90deg angle.

< * |

cam light card

Then either use the exposimeter, or colorpick the physcam render to know the EXACT iso/shutter speed multiplier for it.
            There is no "exact" setting, however.
            One will have the need for more blur (longer exposure) and another for more DoF (higher F number), so the ISOs will vary accordingly.
            Lele
            Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
            ----------------------
            emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
            The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by raymarcher View Post
              thanks, this is usefull, a cool feature would indeed be a non exposure color balance
              Photoshop?
              Lele
              ----------------------

Disclaimer:
              The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
                Eric is right
                He just didn't mention that you'd want your scene hidden, and a reference white (255) card lit with a direct light at 90deg angle.

< * |

cam light card

Then either use the exposimeter, or colorpick the physcam render to know the EXACT iso/shutter speed multiplier for it.
                Yeah but now that i've done it by sampling the values/trial and error, it's just a question of typing in 3 values which I have on my desktop. Dont get me wrong - I like your exposomiter, but finding and installing it then doing that is more work than I ended up doing.

The reason I wanted white balance in the render was to turn the sun off, sample the colour value of my wall and balance against that to get them white again. I'll be colour correcting in photoshop later, but it helps to render without a blue cast over everything.

Comment

Forget the exposimeter.
                  The method holds with one colorpick from the physical camera render, and one ISO multiplication.
                  Exact, not guesswork, and allows for complete freedom with F and Shutter Speeed settings.
                  Lele
                  ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Working...
                  X