Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple lightglow like in fog?

Hi

What is the best/simplest way in V-ray to set up lights with atmosphere/fog glow?

Example on what I want (the red lights): http://www.flickr.com/photos/lexrex/344444209/

Thanks from Chris

This is typically an effect I do in post. It is so much faster and flexible.

mekene

Comment

Yep, I agree... but I'm doing an animation :\ Have tried the standard Max fog and volume light, but I have had some flickering problems with this approach in animations before.

Chris

Comment

render out an objectid channel or a simple mask, and use it for the animation.?
        Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
        www.shack.de

Comment

Originally posted by jonnybefree View Post
          render out an objectid channel or a simple mask, and use it for the animation.?
          Hm.. and then add a glow in AfterEffects perhaps... good idea.

Chris

Comment

SP3 will have real volumetric fog if you wanna go for the real thing the wait is well worth it :P

Comment

Originally posted by alfabeta View Post
              Hi

What is the best/simplest way in V-ray to set up lights with atmosphere/fog glow?

Example on what I want (the red lights): http://www.flickr.com/photos/lexrex/344444209/

Thanks from Chris
              Heh first time I've seen arabic 1337,
              Eric Boer
              Dev

Comment

Originally posted by instinct View Post
                SP3 will have real volumetric fog if you wanna go for the real thing the wait is well worth it :P
                depends on the duration of the wait, right? Any known dates? Seems to be some lucky ones using it here already.

Comment

OK

So SP3a is already out
                  How do I approach setting up light volume for instanced lights? (I mean - do I select only one of instances or all of them??)

THX

NIR
                  3ds Max 2016/2021 (Vray 6.x), Windows 10 64bit , AMD 2990WX ThreadRipper 32/64 Cores, 128 gigs RAM , 2X RTX3090 48GB RAM

Comment

Working...
                  X