Anand Tech to use vray for rendering tests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anand Tech to use vray for rendering tests

I was reading the latest xeon 55xx tests on www.anandtech.com and seeing that they used scan line, emailed them to say, USE VRAY!

They replied and said yes they would like to use vray to run benchmarks which would be of huge benefit to us here obviously as there are about zero tech sites running vray as a bench mark tool.

So Mr Vlado can we organise a copy of vray for them? (be great advertising for vray itself)

Additionally I think we should get a new shiny test scene to work with, perhaps based on the scene with the fog by peterguthrie! ?
    Our old test scene floating around the forums would hardly get these new cpu's warm.

below is a copy of the email:

Nathan,

I gladly accept your help and test scene. Send me the test scene and I'll try it out. Let me know how you would like to see this tested. I have never worked with vray, so any pointers on what I should check are greatly appreciated!

Thx,

Johan.

2009/3/31 Nathan M <Nathan@dvstudios.biz>

Real visualisation companies use the vray plugin to render scenes, but you almost never see vray specific tests.
    Be nice to see vray tests, Id be more than happy to run them for you if you'd like to ship over that new xeon 55xx :P

Alternatively see: http://www.chaosgroup.com/en/2/index.html for a demo version. And I have a great test scene I can email you if your interested that all the vray people use themselves on the forum.

--
    Kind Regards
    Nathan Moro

DVS - design visualisation studios
    1300 65 53 56
    www.dvstudios.com.au

nathan@dvstudios.biz
    0410 179 714
    Last edited by werticus; 31-03-2009, 08:12 AM.
    WerT
    www.dvstudios.com.au

Please let them contact us at vray@chaosgroup.com

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

okay I emailed him.
      WerT
      www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

That would be a pretty good promo. Plus, it would allow us to compare benchmarks a lot easier.
        LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
        HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
        Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Working...
        X