Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what GI solution and settings for torch/fire light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what GI solution and settings for torch/fire light?

hi, i need to set up animated scenes with natural fire coming form torches and lava. does anybody has some experience with it?

i'm curious, what GI solution i need to use and how to set up, so that the GI solution itself does NOT flicker, but the torch light does.
    solid saved irradiance or lightcache files are not indicated in this case i think?

thx in advance!
    Last edited by aphexx; 01-04-2009, 04:42 PM.
    Sascha Henrichs
    Piranha-Bytes
    Graphics

www.saschahenrichs.com

Sorry, that i bug you all again. but i just rendered a 4 second video snippet with lava. (18MB) the scene will be 1280x720, and it is important, that flickering is minimized.

currently i'm at 10 minutes per frame with 8 core, but there is still GI flickering. also i want to animate the light colors and intensities. See my settings below this picture.
    the rendering cannot afford more than 15 minutes per frame.

is the saving of irradiance maps useful then? or do i have to use brute force? And is it usefull to increase the distance threshold even more?

here my settings
    Sascha Henrichs
    Piranha-Bytes
    Graphics

www.saschahenrichs.com

Comment

multiframe incremental is not for animations with moving objects or light. You want either brute force or the animation prepass mode.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

thank you i'll try that!
        can i still use the lightcache as secondary for it?
        Last edited by aphexx; 02-04-2009, 08:07 AM. Reason: question added
        Sascha Henrichs
        Piranha-Bytes
        Graphics

www.saschahenrichs.com

Comment

from v-ray help:

"Fly-through - this will compute a light cache for an entire fly-through animation, assuming that the camera position/orientation is the only thing that changes."

________
          Mnietek

Comment

you could try using the animation prepass option or single frame irrmap with the use camera path option might be able to lower the settings a bit for this one)
            Eric Boer
            Dev

Comment

Working...
            X