adding details to vrayfur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding details to vrayfur

Hello everyone im trying to achieve this effect in picture below using fray fur,
    i was wondering if its possible to put a vrayproxy on the tip of each grass unit.

this is what i achieved so far .

i know that it can be done modeling each straw & vrayscatter them over the feild
    i think it would be nice if there would be some extension to vrayfur that lets you do that

Regards
    Last edited by khoross; 03-04-2009, 06:01 AM.
    www.kobo9.ch

You could do it with vector displacement, memory could be a problem though.
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

i didnt had much luck in vector displacement , still trying to figure out how to get my maps right,

i just thought it would be cool if there is a way or script to scatter vrayproxies on tip of the each straw of vrayfur ,

i think its easier said than done
      www.kobo9.ch

Comment

instaed of scatter each straw over the field, you could try building 4 or 5 different vray proxies which contain each 200/500 straws, and scatter them over the field... this is what i do for simple grass, but i can imagine you could do this for more specific shaped grass species....
        here is an example of this system...

Comment

that looks amazing! do you use the vray scatter plugin to distribute the grass or something else? ground-wiz? For small flat lawns i guess you could do it manually but using a plugin would be alot faster...

Comment

it looks pretty good, but I can't image using such long grass in marketing material for a house sale. You would think that they ban lawnmowers in that area.
            Kind Regards,
            Morne

Comment

thanks for the reply guys ,
              @MIKEEMAX i like the way ur grass looks , i might use this technique along with vray fur to break up the tilling effect.
              www.kobo9.ch

Comment

Working...
              X