free motion blur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• free motion blur

Is there such a thing as free motion blur, as in it takes no hit in rendertimes? I'm rendering a scene demanding 1-12 qmc, the diffference with motion blur and no motion blur is almost nothing (motion blur samples is set at 1 due to the allready high qmc tking care of sampling).

Originally posted by raymarcher View Post
    Is there such a thing as free motion blur, as in it takes no hit in rendertimes? I'm rendering a scene demanding 1-12 qmc, the diffference with motion blur and no motion blur is almost nothing (motion blur samples is set at 1 due to the allready high qmc tking care of sampling).
    there is such thing as free motion blur. Its not in vray or any raytrace renderer however. Free motion blur and dof can be found in render man compliant renderers.

For vray...the aliasing of blur will determine the render time. If your motion blur is minimal, there will be little difference. However if you try to render a really fast moving object, say helicopter rotor blades, which require a lot more geometry samples and aliasing to get smooth arch, your times guaranteed to go up.
    Dmitry Vinnik
    Silhouette Images Inc.
    ShowReel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Originally posted by raymarcher View Post
      It depends on which part of your scene is moving and how much. In general, shading takes most of the time for motion blur, rather than the motion blur effect as such; with your settings, there is a lot of shading anyways, so motion blur only adds little overhead.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbid Angel View Post
        there is such thing as free motion blur. Its not in vray or any raytrace renderer however. Free motion blur and dof can be found in render man compliant renderers.
        This is not entirely true; any renderer requires more processing for motion blur and dof, simply because there is more data to handle. The overhead for processing that data is different for different architectures, of course, but even a renderman-compliant renderer will slow down for complicated motion effects. Further on, renderman-compliant renderers gain their speed for motion blur and dof by sacrificing shading accuracy (shading is typically not motion-blurred - PRMan for example will not handle motion blur due to animated UV coordinates).

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
          It depends on which part of your scene is moving and how much. In general, shading takes most of the time for motion blur, rather than the motion blur effect as such; with your settings, there is a lot of shading anyways, so motion blur only adds little overhead.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          What do you mean by shading? And how do you know that with my settings that there is a lot of shading?

Can you also elaborate on why I can set my motion blur samples to 1 while still having no noise, I know it is due to the high qmc sampling, they are probably linked or something

tnx!

Comment

After effects and some of its plugins (Re:Vision Reel smart motion blur, and frischluft lens car)e are great for dof and mblur that takes litterally no time.

Comment

simply put, nothing is free in life, not even a motion blur
              Dmitry Vinnik
              Silhouette Images Inc.
              ShowReel:
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
              https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Working...
              X