Where DR server list are saved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where DR server list are saved?

Does anyone know where the server list that we have in the DR settings are saved ???
    File somewhere? Registry?? Need to copy server list to all nodes in the farm...
    Any idea?

Regards

The file is called "vray_dr.cfg" and is located in the plugcfg folder of 3ds Max. The location of that folder depends on which 3ds Max version you are using, but for the latest ones, it is somewhere in the "Documents and settings" folder ("Users" on Windows Vista) - for example, something like "C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\3dsmax\2009 - 32bit\enu\plugcfg"

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

hi vlado

is it not possible to get the slaves render DR, that are ticked in the distributed rendering settings in the file i send to BB?
      so i always have to login to the computer i send the job and edit this .cfg?

thanks
      thomes

Comment

Yep, it is on the wishlist, so we will implement this for future builds.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

I DO NOT HAVE THIS FILE ON MY SYSTEM "vray_dr.cfg"

Comment

The file located in your local user's folder, in the standard "plugcfg" folder of 3ds Max. Note that one of the folders leading to this file is hidden, so if you do not include hidden folders in your search, you will not find it.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Could not find this file working well in Max Design 2013? Any Suggestion?

Comment

run the following in maxscript window

doscommand ("notepad " + getDir #plugcfg+"\\vray_dr.cfg") as string

Comment

Found it here:

C:\Users\ USER \AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMaxDesign\2013 - 64bit\ENU\en-US\plugcfg

Comment

great news, I was searching for that info

Where is the list for the RT DR? please ?

Thanks

Stan
                    3LP Team

Comment

The same place, filename: "vrayrt_dr.cfg"
                      Colin Senner

Comment

Originally posted by thomes View Post
                        so i always have to login to the computer i send the job and edit this .cfg?
                        if you use "\\[computername]\c$\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Sett......" instead of "c:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Sett......" you can edit the file remote.

Comment

Working...
                        X