Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vue 7.5

Coming apparently in Q2 '09. Among the features,

* Support of the V-Ray renderer for 3ds Max (xStream)

Nice!

Vlado: Any info on how tight the integration will be?

Jorge

yes, please detailed informations on xstream/vray!

We´re struggling with vue/xstream since r5 and never really got light synconizing with vue/mental to work, besides many problems making vue a definite no-production-tool to us (renderspeed, stability, networkrendering, ...).

besides the really good vue infinite documentation there is no tutorial, no sample scene and almost no documentation about the xstream functionality - have a look a the forum and you´ll love vray, the users are looking for workarounds and faking.

after many payed updates and functionality promises we would like to wait for the next payed .5 update until somebody is proofing a "yes we can"

Matthias

Comment

My opinion is that Vue is an awful product that is jack of all trades and king of... maybe clouds. The AA is awful, the problems and bugs are numerous, the integration issues linger like a bad smell, the "we want you to pay for most of the extra plants, etc except we're no longer DAZ, our products cost good money", and the jacked up price is an insult and a reversal of the logical trend.

But good luck to them.

Comment

Guys,
        I wish I could say something about it!

Maybe Vlado will say something.
        Chris Jackson
        Shiftmedia
        www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Yah, what Duke2 said.

I think Ozone, their cloud atmosphere plugin, seems like a good use of VUE technology. If it works with VRay then that seems like a win for everyone.

I had a hard time getting VUE to work when it came to actual projects. Bugs and instability always prevented me from actually doing most of what I needed to do. Since then I've worked on getting Vue functionality right within max.

For what it's worth, here are my thoughts on different aspects of terrain rendering:

Trees: Best done with good tree models and Vray scatter, Tree Pro, or Ground Wiz
          Terrain: World Machine 2 makes amazing terrains of any size and detail.
          Sky: Best I've seen are done with Mojoworld, Terragen 2 clouds look amazing as well. Vue skies are easy to make and look very good.
          Water: I have no idea. The Frantic Films plugin looks great but overkill for my purposes.
          Steve Burke
          www.burkestudios.com

Comment

We have Vue 7 here. IMO, it wont really matter what renderer your using in Max. Vue is just to buggy and unstable for production animation. We have done a few projects with it, and I regret all
            exept one. We produced the animation for 13 episodes of Bass Edge, a fishing program on the Versus cable channel. We quickly gave up on the xstream plugins, and wound up rendering the BG plates in Vue Infinite, and the fish, particles, and other effects in Maya. This actually worked out rather nice, considering the tight deadlines.

As others have said, proxies and whatever renderer you are using will probably be less work and definately higher quality. Mabey it would be good for matte painting.

Regards,
            Mike
            http://mikebracken.cgsociety.org/gallery/

Comment

Originally posted by mmikee View Post
              wound up rendering the BG plates in Vue Infinite, and the fish, particles, and other effects in Maya.
              Everyone i've ever spoke to about vue has said this is the only way to go, 'just comp it, dont bother with integration'

I'd like to see this change with the vray release, but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksc02 View Post
                Guys,

You could tell us. I promise I won't tell a soul
                Kind Regards,
                Morne

Comment

Here is a link to a part of an animation done this way.....

http://uploading.com/files/IARGWHD9/BE_8_1.mov.html

Regards,
                  Mike
                  http://mikebracken.cgsociety.org/gallery/

Comment

Originally posted by jacksc02 View Post
                    Guys,

Come on Jacksc02 and Vlado
                    the pre-release is already available for download so I'm sure its fine if you say something!!!
                    Kind Regards,
                    Morne

Comment

as the e-on xstream customer forum shows first test of users on xstream 7.5 beta with vray show even the most basic integration features doesn´t seam to work ... but as there is no tutorial, documentation, sa mple scene or anything else provided by e-on to show how render/light (both mental and vray) settings should be tuned it´s no wonder it doesn´t work.

Maybe it´s politically better Vlado doesn´t comment on the xStream vray functionality at all

Comment

There is patch for the Vue prerelease that you need to download for the V-Ray connection; the Vue prerelease used a beta SDK for V-Ray SP3, which is slighly different than the final SP3/SP3a builds. Also, note that the V-Ray connection needs SP3/SP3a.

Best regards,
                        Vlado
                        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

From my experiecne with xStream 6 and 7 - There is no chance of it working with VRAY.

the worst product I have ever paid for.

I paid almost 1400 US$ for it and never managed to use it - not even 1 project.

no more VUE for me .

NIR
                          3ds Max 2016/2021 (Vray 6.x), Windows 10 64bit , AMD 2990WX ThreadRipper 32/64 Cores, 128 gigs RAM , 2X RTX3090 48GB RAM

Comment

Guys,
                            Things are looking really good for the VRay/Vue connection.
                            There has been some teething issues but its almost there.
                            The guys at E-on are doing a really good job on xStream 7.5 and if you have any issues you should get in touch with them as I know for a fact they are commited to making Vue a reliable product.
                            Chris Jackson
                            Shiftmedia
                            www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Let's just face the facts.

It's more than logical that E-on is trying to get the best out of it but at what cost?
                              It's buggy, slow in rendering, silly wind animation, low poly so called solid growth vegetation and what not. And I do not even start what costs are involved once you need to buy render licenses!! Do you really need Vue for your landscape needs if you can have it all directly inside MAX?

Please, name 1 feature that Vue has that you can't handle in 3D Studio MAX?
                              Maybe clouds, but I prefer Terragen 2 far above Vue for that

It's just a comon fact that you should try to stay inside your main application. I would not expect anything special for the VRay integration other than a lot of headaches that are comon for joining 2 applications.

I am absolutely sure you can get more impressive work done without Vue!

Personaly, I would wait for what my studio will bring you

Davy

Comment

Working...
                              X