Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get the Vray sun to sahow in rendering

Hello all,
    I'm doing a scene in space where the sun plays a very prominent role, however, i have not been able to get either the Vray sun or a vray light to show up in the rendering.
    I am very new to vray ( I've only had it for a two weeks ) and really don't know what to do next. Any help, ideas, voodoo spells, gypsy curses, or just plain old regular curses would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Lytestream

I think the sun is visible only in a vraysky map. vray lights though are visible by default, it's weird they don't render.

Comment

You'll have to be more specific. You want light objects to be visible? Which ones have you tried? Other than sun.
      www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

Hello and thanks for your reply, what I need is to be able to see the sun i.e. a glowing ball of light, what I'm doing is a scene for our plantarium of the birth of the moon and in part of the sequence the sun can be seen. I've been able to achieve this by other means but when rendered and played back there is a very noticable seam that shows.
        Thanks,
        lytestream

Comment

If it's not an animation, than the easiest was is just to render a normal white or yellow ball and in PS add lens flare. There are several effects in MAX also, but not sure how compatible they are with vray, it's been a while since I've used them.
          www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

Hello,
            I've tried the Vray sun, Vray light, and VrayIES and all to no avail. Unfortunately it is going to be animated, I'm going to try the sphere with Vray glow material ( if there is one I need to look further at their materials ). Wish me me luck and thank you very much for all your help.

Thanks

Comment

They all should show up, what is your scene like? Do you have a sky dome? Are you looking out a window? Can you post an image so we can see what you are trying to do?
              Eric Boer
              Dev

Comment

If you are using the vray sun and sky system you need to make sure that the environment map is on and the sun is visible in the sun light selection. You also need to make sure that you do not have anything else (geometry) blocking the sky as that is where the sun is displayed. If the sun is very small and you need it to be bigger you will need to increase the scale (inside the sun light rollout). If you are using a vray camera then you will need to adjust the exposure to get the correct lighting. If you are using a standard camera then I usually set the sun multiplier to about 0.01 at first to compensate for the lack of exposure in the standard camera.
                Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

no one really read his message did you.... its in space. you cant use the sky if its in space. what we need is a vraylensflare that interacts properly for possition with vray sun

---------------------------------------------------
                  MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                  stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Da_elf View Post
                    no one really read his message did you.... its in space. you cant use the sky if its in space. what we need is a vraylensflare that interacts properly for possition with vray sun
                    No, you are right. You wont be able to use the vray sun.

Lytestream, you should still be able to see the vray lights. Have you tried a brand new scene with one spherical vray light and a black background. Can you see the light then ?

Make sure in your vray global rollout that you have lights enabled..
                    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Vray light

Hello, i've opened up a new scene; 1 vray light with black background rendered it and yes, I can see the vray light, however once again in
                      the scene i need the sun for it still does'nt show up.
                      i've made sure that in the global switches rollout lights are enabled.

Thanks

Comment

Is the vray light just a normal vray plane light, not a dome light ?

Are you using the vray camera or a standard camera ?

Can you see the sky. If you can then the sun should be visible. You may need to adjust the size multiplier in the vray sun rollout or possibly adjust the exposure (if using the vray camera) or the intensity multiplier if using a standard max camera. Usually, 0.02 or so is about right for the max camera.

Obviously, make sure invisible is not checked in the vray sun rollout.

Is the vray sky map in the environment slot ?...it should be created automatically when you create a vray sun.
                        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Vray sun/light question

I'm using a vray spherical light, a black background, vray dome camera, vray light radius set at 2.0, multiplier set at 2.0

Comment

You cannot see the vray sun unless you use the vray sky system....meaning you will need to have the vray sky in the environment slot. If you need to have a black background then you will need to create a false light by use of a vray spherical light...which seems to be the way you have done it anyway.

I thought this thread had already covered this ?!

Ive not ever used a vray dome camera before...why are you using this as oppsoe to a vray physical camera ?
                            Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

vray sun/light question

Hello, I use the dome camera because I'm doing this for our planetarim which uses a dome for a screen.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X