Render Problem, Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render Problem, Help Please

I inherited a model and can't for the life of me figure out what is causing the glossies to do this. I've posted the material and Vray settings below.

Low material and light subdivisions?

Comment

+ low DMC settings. 1/2 is damn low for aDMC

Comment

Thank you both for the quick replies. I've tried your suggestions but it doesn't seem to solve the problem completely. It smooths out the white flecks but doesn't get rid of them. I bumped material and light subdivisions to 16 and AA to 5/7 but I have to admit I don't really know what numbers I should try since I've always used subdivision 8 and AA 1/2 with very good results. Also, I have to mention that the Vray message window warns that a whole bunch of objects have materials that returned overbright or invalid colors and the rendering is taking much longer than I would expect. I ended up checking Use interpolation on all trouble materials and that at least has given an acceptable render even though the spotchiness in the model has increased quite a bit. If no one has any other suggestion, I guess I'll try importing the geometry into a new project and build materials from scratch.

Craig

Comment

I would suggest trying the glossy subd. of the material much higher. With .7 glossiness I'd probably be around 20-30 and if you are using interpolation around 80-100 - but that's just me, and I'm generally less worried about time and more worried about clean renders. You might want to try turning Fresnel on as well.

b
          Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
          e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

i think its a sub division issue too. but one thing to try is to use a generic white vray material with no reflections or refractions and render it with that placed in the global vray material override.

then you can distinguish if its a material issue or a rendering/gi issue

Comment

Working...
            X