Soooo.....Vray progress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soooo.....Vray progress?

Not a request or demand for action or anything, just wondering when the next build of Vray will be released....or even just a timeframe?

Matt

Once we get back from Copenhagen
    Peter
    ...keep walking...

Comment

excellent, thanks Peter

Matt

Comment

Just curious Matt... what exactly are you waiting for in the next build of Vray? I bet you don't email all the people at Adobe about all the bugs and wishlist features in photoshop, asking for new builds every two weeks... am I right?

Comment

Hey chris, great anims!

hehe - I guess ppl got used to having new features every 2 weeks. Sometimes even we have to slow the pace down.
          Peter
          ...keep walking...

Comment

hey!

don't blame users for being too demanding!

after all it's you guys who spoiled us ...
            Keep Going!

Comment

It depends. If you're harassed by 20 users who think that half of their problem are coming from Vray (even if it's not), you tend to promise a quick relief & salvation to each of them... coming from the next Vray release.

Comment

i think what i would like to see from a future build would be some closure to the whole vray 1.1 thing, which for me would be primarily the floating license (i believe that was advertised from the get go). i think this would bother me if i didn't see so much of this going around (finalrender delays,
                pmg studio (the renderer isn't production ready plus it is almost 2 years overdue), brazil is finished but they aren't quick with 3rd party compatibility issues. all said vray has the quickest response to issues but i do think it is time to finish 1.1.

phil harbath
                jamination

Comment

Originally posted by cpnichols
                  Just curious Matt... what exactly are you waiting for in the next build of Vray? I bet you don't email all the people at Adobe about all the bugs and wishlist features in photoshop, asking for new builds every two weeks... am I right?
                  Correct with regards to Adobe, for a variety of reasons. One of which is that photoshop just isn't important enough to our pipeline to bother with beta programs, bug reports or even new releases.

3DSMax, by way of comparison, is very important, and we are engaged with Discreet on a pretty much constant basis.

Vray doesn't get quite the attention that max gets, but it's still very important to us. It's handy to know when new builds are coming out so we can schedule farm updates. Also at the moment there's a bit of renderer comparing going on here, assessing the potential of renderers for an upcoming project. New builds will always help Vray's case.

Finally, as I said in the original post, I wasn't asking for a new build of Vray, simply information as to when (roughly) we can expect one.

Matt

Comment

learn from cebas faults!
                    donĀ“t give release dates when you are not 100% sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X