• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayRT Video Tutorial

The first video tutorial is now ready.
    You can watch it here.
    (remember to view it in fullscreen)

~Shima

awesome! Thanks for showing. Would love to see it in a more production sized scene.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Very cool. At one point I think in the middle, I thought you were done because of a long pause. I almost left the page then it started up again. If you get a chance, it might be worth taking that small part out.
      LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
      HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
      Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Thanks for the video Shima, it's very helpful.

I've never seen anything quite like that... glossy reflection, refraction, object lighting and environmental GI all at once in (near) real time.

Comment

Originally posted by jujubee View Post
          Very cool. At one point I think in the middle, I thought you were done because of a long pause. I almost left the page then it started up again. If you get a chance, it might be worth taking that small part out.
          I was waiting for the picture to render I guess you're right. Should probably cut out that part.

The next tutorial will have some production size examples. I have to make them from scratch though (can't use copyrighted material) so it'll take a couple of days.

Comment

would love to know what kind of computer you're using for this video )
            And if you used DR-RT for this example ;o)
            3LP Team

Comment

Wow, this is super sweet!

Did it slow your computer down when you used it? I'm guessing MAX is still not optimized to use multithreading while you work, so maybe this uses other cores to render?
              www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

Here are the computer specs:

Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit
                Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme (overclocked to 3.5Ghz)
                8Gb RAM
                GeForce 8800GTX 768Mb
                I did not use any distributed rendering.

The plugin works perfectly with multicore processors. When it's rendering, all cores are used 100%, but it still doesn't slow down the computer. Even when using it and recording video it still doesn't noticeably slow down Max or anything else.

Comment

Chaosgroup guys really are magicians then

Can't wait to see how will it behave in some interior scene.
                  www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

oh yes. interior would be great. cant wait for it
                    max 9 + vray

Comment

Interiors sound like the hardest to pull off, unless very well lit (as in a regular render which tend to be slower in interiors). Exteriors probably work very well, and clean up very fast.

Comment

Working...
                      X