Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha Channel from/with Shadow/Matte?

hi there!

is it possible to use the "shadow/matte" material with VRay? i did some tests with VRayFree and all i got was a black plane instead of the seperated shadows and objects ...

i hope i made my problem/question clear enough? i needa wake up a bit more for better english i guess ...

thanks in advance!
    martin[/img]

Actually im not sure about the free version but vray has its own shadow matte function. Look in your render menu under system rollout and click on object properties. This is where you can set an object to be a shadow matte object.

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

ah well . .ok this button doesnt work in the "free" version . .thanks anyways . .

byebye!
      martin

Comment

Check the material editor and see if there is a VrayMtlWrapper material type. I don't know if the Free version has this, but if it does you place your material in this, and from it you can make the material a matte/shadow object, as well as other parameters for controlling GI creation or if it receives GI, etc.

Just remember that an alpha value of -1 will create the equivalent of a matte/shadow material.
        Greg Tsadilas
        VFX Supervisor/CG Supervisor

Comment

umm. .ok . . theres no such material in the free version too .. hehehe. . but thanks anyways!!! i gonna find another way ) . .somehow. . i hope. . i somebody got an other idea, please post it!!!

thanks and byebye!
          martin

Comment

I haven't had a problem with max's Matte/shadow (VRay Advanced_Latest build) mabey play around with some settings?

also, I allways have my background environment colour to anything but black (useually a blue screen colour) then you'll be able too see what going on with respect to your Matte/shadows.

Comment

Working...
            X