Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving Images

Hi
    I was just wondering what the best format is to save my images as. I am just starting to get the hang of this whole LWF thing, but now I want to Do post work in Photoshop. If I save my images as exr. they look washed out in PS, should I then set the gamma in PS to .4545. Or should I save my images as tga out of vray? And I also can't duplicate my layer in PS if it is a 32 bit exr....why is that?

Hope someone can help
    Regards
    Reynhardt

images output

If you are doing photoshop post work then you are better saving as .exr as this is basically the highest quality you can get, it's a 32bit floating point format just as the render produces in max. It is the same bit depth as a HDR image which allows for a far greater range of colours.
    The reason it looks washed out in photoshop is that by default photoshop will show you the image with a gamma of 1.0. [most monitors are set to around 2.2]
    You must convert the .exr 32 bit to a 16bit image to do ANY work on it as photoshop won't do any commands other than a few such as exposure on 32bit images.

Goto
    Image--MODE---16 bit

in dialog box do below

Simply move the gamma slider untill you find the sweet spot [usually between 1.5 to 2.2]

Press OK

You can now continue working as before although remember you are working on a 16bit image which will end up twice the sice of your standard 8 bit images. It's best to keep your photoshop file as 16 bit [281 trillion colours] as this again will hold twice the colour info as an 8 bit.[16.7million colours]

Comment

Thanks mate!

Comment

Working...
      X