Diff between Multiframe and Add

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diff between Multiframe and Add

Could someone explain to me the differencies between "Multiframe incremental" and "Incremental add to current map" ?

Since we are still waiting for a new doc, this is bugging me.

Thanks.

its in the old doc

Multiframe incremental - in this case VRay calculates current frame irradiance map based on the map of the previous frame. VRay estimates where new GI samples need to be taken and then adds them to the previous irradiance map. The irradiance map for the first frame is calculated independently, any previous irradiance map is deleted.

Incremental add to current frame - in this case VRay calculates current frame irradiance map based on the map of the previous frame. VRay estimates where new GI samples need to be taken and then adds them to the previous irradiance map (for the first frame, the previous irradiance map could be the map left over from the last rendering).

the last sentance is what makes the difference. i usually use incremental add. If you stop your irradiance map calculation half way through you can restart it by using incremental add. Multiframe incremental will want to create a new map and delete the old. For instance. your using a computer at home to do the calculation. its taking a while and you need to let someone else use the computer. You can save your map where it is. then let them use it. then when you go back into max, use load in incremental map. Render 1 frame. this will bring your irradiance map back into memory. Then from there you can restart the calculations from where you left off. Maybe vlado can add a "load into memory" for just this purpose so you dont need to render the single frame

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Those settings are quite new, I didn't expect them to be explained in the old doc.

Great, everything is clearer now. Thanks for your help!

Comment

not sure how new you are to vray but those settigs have been there since the end of the beta phase over a year ago.

---------------------------------------------------
        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

I am having bother getting the correct mirc location on EFnet to find the Vray online chat room. Which one is it?

Thanks

N
          www.morphic.tv
          www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

#vray on efnet

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

For me it was hard to find a working server, try irc.inter.net.il , and there the #vray channel.

Balage
              Balage

Comment

yea, working servers are a pain on Efnet, 2 fairly stable ones are efnet.skynet.be and irc.banetele.no both fairly lag free and extremely stable coming from the us..
                Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

Working...
                X