Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay DR rendering without 3dsmax?

Hi.

I am using RT right now with DR on 10 quad-core xeons and I must say it R0CKZZZZ! I don't even have to install 3dsmax on that machines. Just a little service and off you go.

But now, when I want to render the final image, it still needs an instaled 3dsmax version on every slave with all plugins and such. Is it maybe somewhere in the future possible to just install a cool vray program on every machine and render the final image with all slaves? This would really help a lot, since I dont have to keep every render node updated with plugins and such.... Or maybe its already possible, but I think the vray DR feature required a valid 3dsmax install on every slave, no? And the RT screen alone has not the same quality than the final render I think? Else I could just save the RT image as a TIF hehe

I did not know where to post it. Problems, wishlist and RT would be valid sections, so I just posted it in general.

Truly Amazing

RT is great, have you figured out how to increase the quality of the image, I have small white dots...Upping the rays per pixel and depth and making the Vray Sun invisible didn't seem to help...
    Half a million polys

Comment

Do the dots disappear if you turn off GI caustics (both reflective and refractive)?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yes, that does the trick. Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X