DR, once again......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR, once again......

i have a few questions about DR and i hope you can help me )

1. everything works fine on stills and bucket mode. but when i say "render frame 1-10" they just render frame 1 and then nothing. as i can remember thats normal, but im not sure. is it true that you can "just" render stills with DR ?

2. when i calculated a photon/irradiance map and store them, how can i offer these maps to all the machines in the network ? i did not manage that till now. the other machines have max in the background so i can not tell them where to find the maps onmy machine !?

thanks.....

and....

am i right ? i have to start on my own machine the vrayspawner, too !? without starting the service i just see the buckets of the other machines but not the ones from my main machine i´m working with...

maybe silly questions, i beg your pardon

Comment

1: the only time you would want to render an animation with DR is when you have more machines then you have frames to render.. and if thats the case, you usually dont need dr anyway

2: Edit the 3dsmax.ini file to add local paths to the render servers or, when you save the lighting calc file have it load as From File: in the format of \\server\directory\file.vrpmap where \\server is a machine with a windows shared directory on the network that all the machine logins can access.. (Be warned, Win2k has a connection limit of 10 machines, and if one of the machines doesn't connect/retrieve the file then Vray renders anyway as an unlit image.
      Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

Yea if you want your machine to work also you need to have spawner running locally also.. the 'host' machine is just coordinating it for the slave servers..
        Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

thanks so far.....

i tried it with the \\server\blah blah...... but that didn´t work. the other machines don´t find the map. they have access to that directory. they can find the maps there, but can´t find the irradiance map...hmm, think i have to try with the settings....

what do you mean with "edit the 3dsmax.ini" ? what does that ini wants from me ?

Comment

just the *.ini on my machine or on all other machines ?

Comment

and again to point 1:

i have an animation i precalculated the photon/irradiance map with one big machine. it would be great if all the machines can now render all the frames based on the calculated maps. but okay, so i have to split the animation an render just segments....its nearly the same

thanks so far...

Comment

yeah, i got it thanks for the help.... the ini-file was the key

Comment

oh man, thats complete nonsense !! why the hell doesnt that work with animations. it does not make any sense to me !!

i calculated the maps with the "big" machine (add incremental). then i can render the stills frame by frame with DR. i want to render frame 1, i go to frame one. when i want frame2 i go to frame2 and render and so on, no problem..it works !! why the hell can´t vray (or max) do it automaticly. it works when i do it by myself (step trough the frames by hand). but when i say "range from 1-10"...nothing, just the first frame. i can´t get into my head....

Comment

metroberlin: This is a known bug in DR. It will probably be fixed soon.

But WHY are you using DR to render an anim? Use the normal max netrender (backburner), it is a lot faster for animations.

DR is not intended for animation but for stills.
                    Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

backburner with vray ? does that work ? sorry, i am new to this network rendering

Comment

yeah, backburner works with everything
                        Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

everything but the kitchen sink

---------------------------------------------------
                          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Actually they do too http://www.kitchensinkstudios.com/
                            Eric Boer
                            Dev

Comment

hahahaha. thats priceless

---------------------------------------------------
                              MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                              stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Working...
                              X