Animation Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animation Questions

Hi there, actually i am doing my first amanimation with vray.
    before a worked through the tutorial "rendering a walkthrough animation" of the vray documentation, which helped me a lot.
    i also took a look at the similar tut. from vfxstudios "http://www.vfxstudios.co.uk/tutorials/vraygi/vraygi.html", which more or less declares the same worklow with the usage of network rendering.
    Question 1: in the chaosgroup tutorial is written that the irr. map cannot be calculated trough backburner, cause multiframe incremental is used, in the other tutorial they use the multiframe incr. with backburner.
    Question 2: which image file format is recommendet when i want to do post with adobe premiere or AE?
    thanks

A1. The chaos tut is pretty old but still works well. With latest sp you can use multiframe incr. apparently.
    A2. If you using float then use exr files. If you don't work in float or don't know what it is then just stick to tga files. tga works great and has alpha channel. Jpg will also work but not preffered (due to no alpha and compression)
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

thanks for your reply,
      A1: both tut. use multiframe incr.
      my question was, if i can use backburner with this mode (as described in the vfx tut.) or not, as recommended in the chaosgroup tut!
      Last edited by max montana; 29-06-2009, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by max montana View Post
        thanks for your reply,
        A1: both tut. use multiframe incr.
        my question was, if i can use backburner with this mode (as described in the vfx tut.) or not, as recommended in the chaosgroup tut!
        sorry I misunderstood the qeustion it seems. How about moving a box in a scene over 50 frames and see? Shouldnt take longer than 5 minutes to see.
        Sorry I couldnt be of much more help this time around.
        Kind Regards,
        Morne

Comment

You cannot use backburner to calculate an irradiance map in multi-frame incremental mode, but you can use distributed rendering.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for the info Vlado,
            is the same true for the calculation of the licht cache?
            Last edited by max montana; 01-07-2009, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
              You cannot use backburner to calculate an irradiance map in multi-frame incremental mode, but you can use distributed rendering.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              Why so? I was always using backburner, you just have to submit all the job for one computer only.

Comment

Yes, if you submit to one computer it will work of course; but it will not work if you send the job to several machines.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

do i "submit to one computer" by checking "enable limit" and "max server count" to 1, in the advanced settings of net render?
                  Last edited by max montana; 01-07-2009, 09:03 AM.

Comment

nevermind...
                    Last edited by Morne; 01-07-2009, 01:04 PM. Reason: wrong thread
                    Kind Regards,
                    Morne

Comment

Originally posted by max montana View Post
                      do i "submit to one computer" by checking "enable limit" and "max server count" to 1, in the advanced settings of net render?
                      Nope, you just need to select the server you want to use to do the GI calculation and click "Use Selected" on the BB submit screen.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X