Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Color Mapping Exponential + Clamped values ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color Mapping Exponential + Clamped values ?

Hello Guys,

I'm using exponential color mapping because I found the light's attenuation better than linear color mapping.

My only problem is to get unclamped value, ( Scene02.jpg), when I picket into the hemisphere's light reflection I've got a 1/1/1 value.

When I'm using linear color mapping (scene03.jpg) I've got a 15/15/15 value... I need I value for nuke (glow/glare only on value greater than 1)

How to achieve exponential color mapping base on linear render ?
    I only need to apply a exponential curve on my linear render ?

I'm not a mathematical expert, so how the exponential curve looks like ?

Like this ??? :
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...als%282%29.svg

Red, blue, black ?

Sorry, my English s*cks, hope to be clear...

Best regards...
    Attached Files
    My Flickr

one option could be to do the exponential colour mapping within nuke itself.
    Render out the without any colour mapping (linear 1,1) then within nuke add a colourlookup node, and recreate the exponential curve.
    There were some curves vlado put up somewhere which showed what the different colormappings equated to - i'll have a search for them shortly, but basically in the colorlookup, you'll see a straight linear line from 0 to 1 - grab the 1 bezier and move it to the right until it hits 2 - this is more or less how to recreate it....

Comment

I agree...

here is the exponential curve :

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...s/c/c6/Exp.svg

Exponential curve look like this, I was hoping to found a way to achieve it in nuke without any coding skills...

I want to achieve a real mathematical operation, not an approximative one.

Someone got a tips to achieve this ?

A nuke node or expression ?

Best regards...
      My Flickr

Comment

Sorry for double posting but I try to render the light directly in the camera view, and i've got value : 1/1/1 with a vray sphere light with intensity value setup to 20.

So my question is : does the exponential color mapping clamping highlight values ?

Best regards...
        My Flickr

Comment

so this:
          http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...ighlight=graph
          Look for Eric's post...

in nuke, someting similar to this:

not sure about 100% mathematical accuracy, but you do also get a lot more control doing it in real-time in post

Comment

Ok, now I see why values are clamped...

Thanks... I think I can deal with a none accurate curve...

Best regards...
            My Flickr

Comment

you can use a ColorExpression to do a mathematically correct exponential lookup.

Regards,
              Thorsten

Comment

Working...
              X