X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roman road

I tried several ways of doing this
    http://www.caingram.info/Turkey/Pix/Troy_ruins.jpg

Also with texture and displacement (I posted it under problems), but I feel that even if that worked it wouldn't be as good as I want it to. I also tried modeling stones and arranging them but, hm, just not it. Any good approaches you could think of? Or maybe some scripts?

thank you
    www.hrvojedesign.com

You should definitely be able to do this by modelling the stones and using displacement. No doubt about it.

Comment

This is after 5 minutes:
      Attached Files

Comment

it u convert a simple model to nurbs surface with the right settings you can get that look

---------------------------------------------------
        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Am kinda afraid of NURBS, never used them. Only did a tutorial when I was in high school lol.

But I do like the modeling part now again....I had different approach which was...hm...just wrong

Can you show me the wire, before the extrude, and some noise? I was affraid that if I used extrude for the spline, my top would be to flat, but I guess I could add some noise, and mesh smooth before that.

To get the grass between, I would use a plane and just subtract the stones, right? I hope boolean or proboolean wouldn't fail, since it would be pretty complex.
          Last edited by Crayox13; 13-07-2009, 12:51 AM.
          www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

Another way you could do it is to use Topology in Max 2010 and select on of the procedural patterns to divide up a plane and then chamfer the edges a little and extrude the stones and with in a few minutes you could have your Roman Road. Hope this helps.
            Resolution Digital
            www.resolutiondigital.co.uk

Comment

seems max2009 handles nurbs surface approximation differently than the older version

---------------------------------------------------
              MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
              stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Don't use MAX 2010
                www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

So get Polyboost - it is the plugin that creates topology in max 2010
                  3ds Max 2016/2021 (Vray 6.x), Windows 10 64bit , AMD 2990WX ThreadRipper 32/64 Cores, 128 gigs RAM , 2X RTX3090 48GB RAM

Comment

Working...
                  X