camera match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• camera match

It's been awhile since i've wanted to use vray for a cam match. i can't remember how to get the background image to render using the vray physical cam. seemed like there was some check box or something. I've done a search of the forum and haven't found the info i need. The image is in the environment slot (not the vray environment slot). What am i missing?
    mh

Probably whack up the output so it registers with the vray camera values.

Comment

forgot that one myself for ages until I spotted the aptly named affect background button in colour mapping panel
      possibly have to put a colour correct on the image to counter gamma if you got funky LWF gamma going on

Comment

i instanced the background from the material editor, opened up the 'output' slot in the ME and raised the output to 100. The 'affect background" was already checked (in the color mapping area of the Vray render dialogue) and that did the trick.
        Thanks.
        mh

Comment

the image is dark because you camera exposure is turned on
          if you uncheck affect background it as if you are telling vray use exposure on the camera for the objects in the scene but untick exposure in the camera for the background, this will save you have to enter random numbers like 100 into the output amount and ensure that your backplate matches accurately

Comment

Working...
          X