reflection vs refraction caustics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reflection vs refraction caustics

Is there an option somewhere (material or per object) where you can set reflection and refraction caustics on or off seperately?

thanks
    Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Try apply the warpper material, you would be able to do it.

Gonçalo

Comment

I only find options to set the send and recieve GI parameters, but not the reflection/refraction caustics. I find these options for GI caustics in the GI dialog, so I assumed you would also be able to control the direct light caustics seperately (reflect/refract)

anyone?
      Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

go to the object dialogue box in the system rollout

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

No I mean an option to set reflection caustics off/on and refraction caustics on/off. Not just send and recieve caustics, these options I am aware of.

Comment

You dont have that option with Vray....

Gonçalo

Comment

Hehe ok, thanks!

Comment

hehe, your welcome

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

lol

Comment

Re: reflection vs refraction caustics

Originally posted by flipside
                    Is there an option somewhere (material or per object) where you can set reflection and refraction caustics on or off seperately?

thanks
                    What about "system/object settings" in the render dialogue box?

-dave
                    Cheers,
                    -dave
                    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

No that's only for recieve or generate caustics, not for the difference between reflection and refraction caustics.

Comment

Working...
                      X