Colour mapping - exterior scenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colour mapping - exterior scenes

hi. when doing an external render i normally set the sunlight to early morning mid-summer but i'm never totally satisifed with the results. i was wondering what colour mapping settings you guys use for a typical sunny exterior shot? there are so many combinations and permutations i may be close to an ideal setting or maybe miles away from it. thanks.

I never touch the color mapping settings. Its best not to get in the habit of messing with them. Alot of the render elements don't work with anything other then the default.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

I generally use LWF (linear work flow). There's loads on the forum about it so do a quick search. However, sometimes this approach produces raw renders that look a little washed out and lacking the contrast inherent to a sunny day so I often ramp up the conrast in Photoshop or lower the gamma value in the colour mapping to compensate.

Comment

Working...
      X