Vray 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 2.0

I was wondering what 2.0 will look like. I am not in any hurry to get my hands on it but are there any public feature lists? Or is this underwraps for the time being?

we will get to 2.0 in about 10 years time i guess. look how long it too from 1.0 to 1.5 hehe and its been an awsome journey

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Its been a good journey thats for sure. No pressure at all I am merely curious. And I have to give in house presentations sometimes and it does come up. But I don't feel like the package I have is lacking much at all. Maybe more preset materials...

Comment

I'm in the secret beta actually and it's about a year off. Rt, vray & pdplayer are now part of the same package under a new interface, and theres a new 'vray material editor' for max which is like nodejoe but better. Rendering is about 20% faster too.

It's pretty good. (no preset materials though)

Comment

posted at 1:01am after a few pints eh cubiclegangster?
          Chris Jackson
          Shiftmedia
          www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Nonsense! There's a premium edition too, chaos group send out a couple of eastern european virgins to fan you with big leaves and feed you grapes while you work. Got a little out of hand.

(maybe a couple)

Comment

Isn't the Xstream version the one with the virgins? Frankly, i'll forgo the virgins and get the infinite complete pioneer with 6 different modules and animation enabled version.

Comment

... no I would take the virgins.

Comment

I would settle for a service pack 4 (and a virgin)

Comment

id also take sp4 (and someone with experience)

---------------------------------------------------
                    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Interesting point Da Elf.

How many virgins? 3 virgins = 1 experienced woman?

Comment

I want chaosgroup to develop an alternative to Backburner.
                        Last edited by danieljhatton; 01-08-2009, 10:21 AM.
                        Daniel

www.danieljhatton.com

Comment

The VRay 1.5 service packs have had so many new features that Chaos could easily have released them as point updates. I like to think of VRay SP3 as VRay 1.8
                          http://www.glass-canvas.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by DHFrame View Post
                            I want chaosgroup to develop an alternative to Backburner.
                            I thought the same till I tried Deadline, never looked back. Granted there is a "small" cash outlay to start with, but well worth it in the long run. You can waste so much time with backburner errors.

Comment

I want Chaos Group to make an alternative to Autodesk.

You have the good - Chaos Group

The Bad - Autodesk

The Ugly - Autodesk

They are all standing in a circle twitching at their guns - who do you think wins ?

Autodesk - because they use a machine they have bought that can blast good companies into a million subdivisions - without antialising and therefore lots of flickering.

If you watch the whole film, Vlados Dad is the CEO of Autodesk.
                              Last edited by Infrared digital; 09-08-2009, 03:21 PM. Reason: Typo
                              www.morphic.tv
                              www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X