Material Editor question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Material Editor question

Hi . Is there a way to change/tweak material editor render settings? For example I want GI and some set of lights and to use custom build scene to render my materials right in material editor..
    So far I build the custom scene that I add lights and cameras, set GI, but GI doesn't render in mat editor, the rest light/cameras is fine.
    How can I tell Vray or Max to read my own settings for mat editor where I can set GI on??

Pix 1: build sphere and custom scene rendered in mat editor no GI

Pix 2: Custom scene rendered normaly.

Any thoughts?
    Attached Files
    Best regards,
    Andrian

is it a gamma problem?
    go customise gamma lut set to 2.2 and affect material editor and it should look more correct I think

Comment

Originally posted by pg1 View Post
      is it a gamma problem?
      go customise gamma lut set to 2.2 and affect material editor and it should look more correct I think
      Gamma is 2.2, it's absent of GI.. need to turn it on, witch seems impossible to do in material editor slots..
      Best regards,
      Andrian

Comment

can GI work in the ME? cuz it seems to me his question had nothing to do with gamma but with GI in the editor

---------------------------------------------------
        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Da_elf View Post
          can GI work in the ME? cuz it seems to me his question had nothing to do with gamma but with GI in the editor
          exactly..
          Best regards,
          Andrian

Comment

The ME settings for the renderer are hard-coded in the V-Ray code and GI is disabled there. We can probably add options for these but I'm not sure how useful these will be.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
              The ME settings for the renderer are hard-coded in the V-Ray code and GI is disabled there. We can probably add options for these but I'm not sure how useful these will be.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              Please Vlado do it.. or some script maybe just to enable GI, its important to see materials under GI lightning.
              Best regards,
              Andrian

Comment

I think this would be very useful.

What i would love to see is to use gi (which as i think allready works), but also with the use of the vray-cam and the vray sky. which doesnt work.

most images are done with this two options enabled so a suport of this in the me would be a good thing.

of course the RT thing allows you to see your Sceene very fast with the real scene. so the me would only be an adition. On the other hand, the look of good materials inside the me differs so much from the final image, that its realy difficult to choose a material from the me if you donĀ“t allready know your materials very well.

greetings

Tom
                Last edited by tom schuelke; 10-08-2009, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Would it not be enough to use a V-Ray dome light with some HDR image there?

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                    Would it not be enough to use a V-Ray dome light with some HDR image there?

Best regards,
                    Vlado
                    Thats exactly what I do to lit the scene, no sun and sky , if you like I can send you the scene I prepare for ME.
                    Best regards,
                    Andrian

Comment

Working...
                    X