Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

excluding billboards from vraytoon doesn´t work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• excluding billboards from vraytoon doesn´t work?

i´d like to exclude my billboard trees and people from vraytoon, but the edge of the planes are still (partly) visible. Vraytoon is default, standartsetup with physicam/sky, irr/lc, exponential mapping
    Billboards are just planes with vraymat, opacity bitmap

I've also found just a plain 'exclude' doesn't work in the recent builds.
    Can anyone confirm this?

Comment

hmm, seems nobody can confirm?

we´re just trying to get along with vraydisplacement as clipmaps, but thats somewhat a big cannon for just billboards...

Comment

If all of your billboard items are on their own layer(s), in the layer properties you could try unchecking "apply atmospherics" to see if it finishes off the residual effect. The option is also available in the object properties.
        Ben Steinert
        pb2ae.com

Comment

It's not only billboards. I have had this issue for a long time with proxies. It's weird because the toon lines only still show up in front of geometry. Wherever the alpha is, it's fine. To make sure I wasn't seeing things, I even told the object to be hidden to the camera, and yes I get toon lines that render when the object is hidden.

..and yes, I have made sure that I excluded the proxies from the toon effect, no luck.

Comment

There were issues with VRayToon and transparent objects; these are fixed now but you will have to email me to vlado@chaosgroup.com for an updated build.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Emailed. Thanks.

Comment

Vlado - Any status on this update build? I'm still having issues with this.

Comment

I had exactly the same problem, but the apply atmospherics toggle worked fine.
                  Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
                  X