Scattering noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scattering noise

Hi, I've just started to use the Vray demo and I'm trying to make some sub-surface scattering. I get these noisy artifacts all over. Anybody knows how I can get rid of them?

I did the tutorial at this sitehttp://www.vrayrender.com/stuff/MtlTutorial/ and used the scene file from the site, but according to the tutorial the render at that point should look like this:

The translucansy doesn't seem to be working correctly.Is it because the demo can't handle this stuff maybe?

Thanks, Mille

40+ views and no reply. I would think this was a fairly common problem in Vray(the noise). Come on people, help me out.

Comment

are you using interpolation?

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

That tutorial is pretty old. The material has changed since it was written, and the settings behave differently now. That's why you are having problems.

I'm working on a VRay wax material that I hope to post next week.
        Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

percydaman- It says Interpolation type: Least squares fit and Sample lookup: Nearest quad-balanced, but I have no idea what that means. Is here a better setting?

egz- cool, that would be great. Do you know any tutorial on the subject that is more up to date?

Comment

Mille: he is referring to the interpolation you turn on in the material. Under refraction and reflection you have the option of using interpolation to speed up the calculation. For SSS you want to enable interpolated glossy.
            Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

Working...
            X