cinema4D+vray to max+vray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cinema4D+vray to max+vray

Does anyone have any experience (or scripts) that can help with bringing Cinema 4D files into max, both are using VRay?

I think FBX is probably the best way to go but I'm not sure how the materials and textures are imported. I'm waiting for a test model to try the pipeline. Just wanted to find out if anyone has already tried this?

Is it possible to import cinema 4D vray mats and use them in max? Same goes for lights cameras and render setting? Visa-versa would also be useful too.

I searched the forum but only found a long long list of converted materials for maya.

Vlado, are there fundamental differences in the the app versions (max/maya/cin4d) that would make this sort of exchange pointless? As in, the same mats / lights / render settings would give totally different results.

I understand that a vray mat with a native procedural shader would be difficult to convert. You mentioned in a thread (somewhere) that you had vray alternatives to most of the max procedurals. Do you have these for cin4d too and is it possible to get hold of them?

Right I think that's enough questions for now

cheers
    Last edited by ior=0; 22-09-2009, 09:10 AM.
    Simon

.... . .-.. .--. .-.-.- .--. .-.. . .- ... . ... . -. -.. -.-. .... --- -.-. --- .-.. .- - .
    I need a new signature
    --
    Max2017.1 | Vray 3.70.01| win11
    ASUS Z790PLUS | i9 13900K | 64Gb RAM | Geforce GTX4070Ti
Working...
X