how to find missing maps in distributed rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to find missing maps in distributed rendering

hi there, although i use vray for a couple of years it`s the first time i use distributed rendering. i got everything working, but 2 things are left that make me struggle a bit.
    i organized all scenes with unc paths since i use dr, but when i want to use older scenes with some materials without unc paths the render server quits as it doesn`t find the maps.
    question: is there a way to find out which objects or materials embed the missing maps?
    question2: i use dr between 2 x64 workstations. i also tried to participate a 32bit pc, but this one always quits.
    is this because the 64-bit 32-bit mix?
    xp64, max9, vray sp3a
    thx
    Last edited by max montana; 26-09-2009, 12:02 PM.

I think you could probably list all paths with a script. But you can also list the with asset manager. Though I am not sure if it is available for max 9.
    What I usually do in a case like this where I am not sure which maps are not loading, I can use a resource collector to gather all maps and put them in one directory, on the network where all machines can access it.
    Dmitry Vinnik
    Silhouette Images Inc.
    ShowReel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Yep, with this function you'll get a list of the maps in the scene:
      Code:
      usedMaps()
      If you open Asset Tracking and right click the files that don't use UNC paths you can choose the "Resolve Path to UNC location" option to change them.

32bit machines shouldn't quit for being mixed with 64bit during DR. Maybe is because it runs out of memory or it doesn't find a plugin that you are using in your scene? Just a guess
      Last edited by Codi; 27-09-2009, 10:20 AM.

Comment

thanks a lot for your help.
        i solved my problems with asset tracking. my scenes are not that big and i saw that i can manage it in a view minutes/scene to give unc paths to all maps.

Comment

Working...
        X